Saturday, 18 December 2010

Update on Xmas Tree race tomorrow

Spoke to the organiser this morning. They have had about as much snow as Chepstow i.e. 1 or 2in max, so at the moment the race should go ahead.  Check the Forest of Dean running club website for further info though.  www.fodac.org.uk

I have been on a lovely long run this morning and conditions are lovely if a little slower than usual.  Bear in mind that there may be a frost so underfoot may be icier tomorrow.  Also snow may hide all sorts of icy sections, so just be careful! 

My personal suggestions are:

  • allow more time to travel to Elwood

  • wear the grippiest shoes you have - if I was running I would wear fell shoes, otherwise trail shoes.  There is a bit of tarmac I think, so spikes not a good idea. 


See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment